Dan's Paint Cosmocoat 3 in 1 Prep 15L
Payment & Security | Refund Policy
Dan's Paint Cosmocoat 3-in-1 Prep (sealer, primer and undercoat) is packed full of features, including superior hiding power, excellent coverage, low odour, fast drying times, and low roller spatter, making it excellent value for money. Cosmocoat 3-in-1 Prep is a great way to seal, prime and undercoat surfaces for your painting project. Perfect in partnership with Dan’s Paint Cosmocoat for Walls and Dan’s Paint Cosmocoat for Ceilings.
Cosmocoat 3-in-1 Prep can be used as an undercoat applied directly over bare timber, as a sealer paper faced plasterboard, or as a primer for galvanised steel. Cosmocoat 3-in-1 Prep is recommended for repainting over aged enamel to provide a sound bond for other water-based topcoats. Suitable for exterior applications when used as a primer for timber or on previously painted surfaces. 3-in-1 Prep can also be used under both water-based finishes and oil-based enamels. Cosmocoat 3-in-1 Prep can be used as an undercoat for interior plasterboard (Gyprock) and for exterior cement sheeting.
- Masonry, brick and fibro: Apply one coat of Cosmocoat 3-in-1 Prep directly to the surface.
- New bare timber: Fill imperfections with an acrylic timber filler (not linseed oil putty). Apply one coat of Cosmocoat 3-in-1 Prep.
- Pre-primed timber: Dan’s Paint recommends testing the adhesion of Cosmocoat 3-in-1 Prep to the timber to determine if the surface is suitable for painting. Cut a small “x” through the existing coating with a sharp blade. Press adhesive tape firmly across the cut and then rip off the tape. If any of the existing coating comes off it is unsound and must be removed by sanding. Then apply one coat of Cosmocoat 3-in-1 Prep.
- Galvanised iron: Degrease new galvanised iron. Wash aged and weathered galvanised iron with a mild detergent solution and rinse with fresh clean water. Apply one coat of Cosmocoat 3-in-1 Prep.
- Do not apply Cosmocoat 3-in-1 Prep when the temperature is below 10° C, above 35°C, when humidity is high, or if rain is imminent.
- Stir well before and regularly during use with a wide flat stirrer that reaches the bottom of the bucket.
- Apply 1 even coat of Cosmocoat 3-in-1 Prep by brush, roller or spray. The use of quality brushes and rollers will ensure the best results. Allow a minimum of two hours dry time between coats.
Cosmocoat 3-in-1 Prep will cover approximately 14 square metres per litre depending on substrate porosity, texture and type of application method used.
Drying and re-coating:
Cosmocoat 3-in-1 Prep will be touch dry in approximately 30 minutes in normal conditions. Re-coat or apply top-coat after a minimum of 2 hours. Dry times will vary in cold or humid conditions.
Cleanup with water. For further information on Cosmocoat 3-in-1 Prep, surface preparation, application or other Dan's Paint products, contact PaintAccess' experienced customer service team.