Sikkens Cetol BL Tannin & Oil Remover
Sikkens Cetol BL Tannin & Oil Remover 1L
Sikkens Cetol BL Tannin & Oil Remover was made especially to prep new exterior hardwood (typically decking) prior to treatment of cleaners and coating systems. This breakthrough formula eliminates the need to wait weeks and months for new hardwood to naturally darken by weather, by encouraging oils and tannins to be drawn to the timber surface in 15-20 minutes. Oils and tannins can then be removed from the surface with ease.
- Speeds up the process of drawing out the tannins and oils from your timber in 15 to 20 minutes
- Easy to apply, easy to clean, easy to use!
- Sikkens Cetol BL can only be used on new hardwood
- For best results, it is highly recommended to be used in conjunction with Sikkens Cetol BL Deck & Wood Cleaner or Sikkens Cetol BL Garden Furniture Cleaner
*Note: Tannins can stain furniture, brickwork, trim, doors, etc. Protect surrounding areas from splashes and stains during use.
**Caution: Decks being treated will be slippery.
To draw tannin and oils to the hardwood timber surface in preparation for cleaning and application of new coating
- Apply undiluted. Remove loose dirt and contaminants using a scrubbing brush or scraper. Apply Sikkens Cetol BL Tannin & Oil remover generously by brush, spray or watering can (which should be fitted with a rose). When spraying, use a coarse, Airless spray and avoid misting.
- Do NOT let Sikkens Cetol BL Tannin & Oil remover dry. If it dries, apply some more solution to retain a wet surface. Scrub affected area with a stiff brush. Leave for 15-30 minutes and then rinse off with water. Allow to fully dry.
- The surface of the wood will now look blackened due to the oils and tannins rising to the surface.
- Next, remove the oils and tannins from your deck with Sikkens Cetol BL Deck & Wood Cleaner. Do this before applying a suitable Sikkens coating system.
- For tannin rich timbers like Merbau, repeat the process before applying a suitable coating system.
- Remove as much Sikkens Tanning & Oil Remover product as possible from equipment before cleaning thoroughly with water. Do not use or store in extreme temperatures or wet conditions.
Drying time is approximately 16-24 hours. Drying times can vary depending on the nature of the surface and weather conditions.
Approximately 8m² per litre
Available in 1 & 5 Litres