WHITE KNIGHT RUST GUARD® RUST CONVERTER
Effective rust treatment
• Effective rust treatment
• Used in preparation of rusted surfaces for priming
• Creates a lasting barrier against further corrosion.
• Promotes adhesion for subsequent paint application.
• Fast and effective.
How To Apply
- Read safety directions.
- Remove all loose rust and flaking paint with a wire brush, scraper or mechanical sander.
- The surface must be clean, dry and free from dust, dirt, grease, oil, rust scale and other contaminants
- Pour the required amount into a plastic or glass container. Do not return any leftovers to original container.
- Apply one undiluted coat (not thick) by brush to rust affected areas only.
- Wipe off any excess on surrounding metal or paint work immediately with a damp cloth.
Do not use when air or surface temperature is below 10°C or above 30°C
3. OVER COATING
Prime surface after 2 hours with White Knight Rust Guard Metal Primer. Do not apply zinc rich primers. When dry overcoat with an enamel (White Knight Rust Guard Epoxy Enamel or Hammered Finish) or water based (White Knight Rust Guard Advanced Enamel) topcoat.
Approximately 14m² per litre.
Touch dry in 30 minutes. Allow 2 hours for complete reaction to take place before overcoating. Drying will be slower in cold or humid conditions, in the absence of ventilation or where heavy film builds are applied.
6. CLEAN UP
Clean brush with water immediately after use.
7. SAFETY & FIRST AID
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- Wear suitable eye and hand protection.
- If swallowed do not induce vomiting. Drink a glass of water and seek medical advice.
- If in eyes, flush out immediately with water and seek medical advice.
- If on skin, remove contaminated clothing and wash skin thoroughly with soap and water.
- Ensure adequate ventilation during use and while drying.
For 24 hour medical emergency response in Australia call 1800 807 001 and in New Zealand call 0800 154 666
Contains 244 ml/L of Phosphoric Acid
- Do not pour unwanted paint down the drain.
- Keep unwanted paint in sealed containers for disposal via special chemical waste collections.